Manipulation of novels

Manipulation…..

Another question. “Would I allow manipulation of the books?”

“What do you mean by manipulation?” I asked.

“Would you allow a producer/ director to manipulate your books?”
“Of course” I said.

Peter Hawthorn Belfast Bound is going to be estimated at 10.2 hours in length in audio, can you imagine if a director turned my books into a movie how long each movie would be if he used every scene and every word in the novel.
Most movies are made by adaptation from a book or a script and have to be refined to fit a certain length in minutes / hours. The average movie length is 1.30 hours to a max of 4 hours unless it’s a series so YES I would allow manipulation of the books as long as the story-line is still there.


I’m not a director or a screenwriter like I said and I’m certainly no movie professional so I would leave that side of it to the professionals after all they know what they are doing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mankind intelligent or dumbest animal on the planet?

Man in the woods short story

Peter Hawthorn Belfast bound Adio