Movie ?

I was just asked a question.

“Would I like to see my books made into a television series or a movie?”

My answer obviously was “YES”

I think if there was interest by a producer or director that the books would make great movies, they are action packed. Who knows they could turn out to be blockbusters but I’m no movie expert or screen writer.
I did turn the Alaska Incident into a movie script and a couple of the short stories but I found that without the right connections your beating you’re head against a brick wall.

Well of course any writer is going to yes to this question not because we think our work is the best since sliced bread or merely the fact that we wrote it, we can be a little vane or sensitive about our work.
The fact of the matter is that movies cost a huge amount to produce and make these days running in some cases into the hundred million dollar mark with special effects and the cost of production.
Actors alone are paid substantial amounts and the best actors can turn any movie plot into what you visualize example Tom Hanks. Not only is he a well sought after actor he can turn into any role put before him and pull it off perfectly so too can Morgan Freeman , Ewan McGregor and many more.

Belfast Bound would probably be the cheapest to make being set in England and Northern Ireland but Alaska Incident would run into the big bucks mostly because of equipment, locations, arms and an all-star cast playing; Putin, President Reagan, George H W Bush, Margret Thatcher, Brian Mulroney and an ever ending cast.
So as a writer I can only dream that one day one or all my books would make it onto the silver screen!  (I can dream) but hey it’s not impossible….


Any screen writers or producers out there? Lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mankind intelligent or dumbest animal on the planet?

Man in the woods short story

Peter Hawthorn Belfast bound Adio